What does Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging actually mean?
Diversity in the workplace means that employees consist of individuals who bring new perspectives and backgrounds to the table. This refers to who is represented in the employees in a particular company. Some examples of diversity would be gender diversity, age diversity, ethnic diversity, physical ability and neurodiversity and sexual orientation diversity.
Inclusion means that everyone in the diverse mix of employees feels involved, valued, respected and embedded into the culture of the business.
When a business is diverse and inclusive then all employees have a sense of belonging. Employee engagement increases as those who feel included and represented are more likely to feel committed to their place of work.
Xerox and Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Diversity, Inclusion and belonging are not just words on paper for Xerox, they are part of the core values and they way that Xerox does business. Through teamwork, professionalism, respect and inclusiveness Xerox creates an environment where people can achieve their goals and make clients more successful.
Xerox understands that happy employees make the workplace, and having strong values around Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging ensures that there are new ways of problem solving and diversity of thought.
How do we foster an inclusive workplace?
Xerox has one of the most diverse workforces in the world. Our diverse talent is well represented in over 160 different countries around the world and women are especially celebrated with many role models in the company. Xerox has strengthened their leadership capabilities allowing them to take the lead in diversity across the board. Xerox are fair and transparent when it comes to employment, enabling equal opportunities for all.
What are the benefits of Xerox being a Diverse and Inclusive workplace?
Having such a diverse workplace enables Xerox to have the benefit of different ways of looking at the business. This leads to innovative breakthroughs for customers and more engaging work for the employees.
Employee engagement is paramount at Xerox and having such strong values around diversity and inclusion is just one way in which every member of staff can be heard and feel valued. This is critical to the success of the Xerox name.
As a workplace that does have such strong values, Xerox knows that they can lead the way in the industry and create a foundation where people can be themselves, reach their potential and add substantial value to the work that is completed around the world for all customers.
How do Xerox embed a culture of diversity and inclusion?
Xeros recognises that diversity and inclusion is an area which can’t just have values written on paper and not acted upon. Xerox works endlessly to promote strategies around diversity initiatives to embed them solidly into the company.
Some of those strategies are outlined here:
- Our balanced workforce strategy drives equitable people representation in all areas of our company, all around the world.
- Our work-life programs assist our people in the many aspects of their personal lives. We are pleased that Xerox has been selected as a 2020 Best Companies for Multicultural Women by Working Mother magazine—an honor recognizing companies that create and use best practices in hiring, retaining, and promoting multicultural women in the United States.
- We educate all of our people on diversity programs, policies and achievements. And, we ensure diversity, inclusion and belonging principles are communicated to all of our people.
- We continually develop and evolve strategies that leverage diversity to gain a competitive global advantage and to drive market excellence.
- Our supplier diversity program ensures we are actively committed to purchasing supplies and products from small and diverse enterprises.
- We address diversity disparities by being transparent, identifying shortfalls and closing those gaps. Read our CSR Progress Summary.
- We have multiple employee resource groups (ERGs) that focus on member development, engagement, belonging, support and community. These voluntary, employee-led, underrepresented groups foster a diverse, inclusive workplace and play a tremendous role in creating our company culture.
Xerox are proud that their values around Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging are recognised worldwide and have been privileged to be acknowledged with several awards, including:
“Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality” by the HRC Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index. Xerox has earned a 100% score every year since the survey’s inception.
Xerox has been recognized as a Certified Age Friendly Employer™ (CAFE) by The Age Friendly Institute.
Xerox was also named Top 50 companies for Diversity.
Xerox has been recognised by Disability IN as one of the “2023 Best Places to Work for People with Disabilities”.
Xerox has been recognized by VETS Indexes for our commitment to recruiting, hiring, retaining, developing, and supporting veterans and the military-connected community.
Xerox has been recognized by Black Enterprise for their unwavering commitment to creating a diverse work environment.
At DWS we are privileged to be associated with a company who are leading the way in having a diverse and inclusive workforce, who not only notices their employees but also goes above and beyond to listen to them and use the diversity for better success.