PaperCut – responsible printing & reduced costs
PaperCut is a simple software application that allows you to manage your printing, control costs and improve your environmental footprint. By automatically tracking the output of all printers, copiers and multifunction devices, it makes users more accountable.
- Works on any platform and supports all major operating systems. Runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, Novell and mixed networks, and has a simple-to-use browser based administration
- Can be accessed securely from anywhere on the network. Jobs are sent to a central queue and released to a printer of the user’s choice, ensuring confidentiality
- Encourages “Bring Your Own Device” printing via laptops, iPads, netbooks and Android devices
- Reports by user, department or device. By allocating printing to specific cost centres and making them accountable, it helps reduce print costs
- Integrates with magnetic stripe, barcode and smart card technology. Users can log in and authenticate jobs using a 4 digit PIN or swipe card
- Enables print and copy credit to be purchased securely online using PayPal, a credit card or other payment options such as ParentPay
- Sets different rates for colour, duplex and large format printing
- Restricts or deletes jobs sent to costly print devices, suggesting an alternative
- Applies print policies eg disallowing the printing of emails, forcing large jobs to be duplexed and restricting the use of colour
PaperCut’s trusted software is currently used by more than 50,000 organisations in 100+ countries. It reduces waste, saves money and encourages responsible behaviour from print users.