Helping Charitable Causes
“DWS developed a solution that significantly improved communication and productivity, as well as reducing costs. Working with DWS was a pleasure. The team were professional and very helpful throughout the process, and continue to provide high quality support and advice.”
Colin Burgess, Chief Executive
St Peter & St James is a local hospice set in 28 acres of Sussex countryside, enjoying spectacular views over the South Downs. The hospice encourages patients and loved ones to make use of the grounds, which include landscaped gardens, a wheelchair-friendly woodland walk and a summer house.
As a regular fundraiser, DWS wanted to help the hospice. We believed we could save them a considerable amount of money, so we provided a free document workflow analysis.
- We reviewed the use of printers, scanners and fax machines throughout the organisation
- We assessed the age, quality and reliability of their current hardware
- We analysed the cost of Royal Mail postage, couriers, fax transmissions and outsourced printing
- Machine speeds were very slow compared with newer machines on the market
- Print quality was poor, which was having a negative effect on their marketing
- Print expenditure was extremely high, especially in relation to consumables
As a passionate supporter of the hospice, DWS worked with Xerox UK to provide St Peter & St James with FREE equipment as a charitable donation. We then put a print management solution in place to monitor and control costs. We enforced account limits and restricted access for colour printing to authorised users only.
DWS saved St Peter & St James 30% on the cost of internal printing, whilst increasing their productivity. We also improved the quality and impact of their marketing material. The print solution powered and supported by Xerox reduced downtime considerably.